Monday, September 21, 2020

Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Pasta - Vegan/Dairy free


I'm constantly looking for new recipes to try. I get bored of the same food over and over. I follow various food bloggers on Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube to get a variety of recipes.  The inspiration for this pasta dish came from Liv B's YouTube channel. It looked super simple and I figured I should try it since I haven't had pasta in a while. I switched it up a bit and I think it came out amazing and I'm extremely proud of myself! 

I recorded myself making it and it's a horrible video. My camera didn't even record some of the stuff I tried doing. I just wanted to play around with it and see how it's done.  You'll see in my video I don't really measure my ingredients. I eyeball some stuff and go with what feels right. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'll try to give approximate measurements down below so you can try yourself. 



Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Pasta 

INGREDIENTS 

6-8  Roma Tomatoes, cut in half 
1 large white onion, roughly chopped 
3-4 garlic cloves, whole and peeled 
2 large carrots, roughly chopped 
2 Red bell peppers, roughly chopped 
2-3 tablespoons Italian seasoning 
1-2 tablespoons olive oil 
1 can Coconut milk 
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast 
Salt and pepper to taste 

1lb pasta of your choice, cook according to package directions 
Vegan Italian Sausage (optional)

DIRECTIONS 

1. Preheat oven to 425⁰f (always do this first!) 
2. Prep your veggies and place them in a baking dish or sheet pan. 
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the Italian seasoning, mix it all together. 
4. Place in preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring about halfway through. 
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. 
6. Carefully poor cooked vegetables into a blender and blend until smooth. 
7. Add Coconut milk and nutritional yeast, blend again until well combined. Taste for salt and pepper. 
8. If using Sausage brown it in a large pot then add the sauce and pasta.  Stir to combine.  
9. Serve and eat! 

You can definitely make the sauce ahead of time. I used leftover Italian Sausage that we used for pizza the other day. That is completely optional. 


Printable Version 


No comments:

Post a Comment